Chicago Roommates City Guide
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Central US Roommates and other Room Mates topics.
What should I search for when relocating to Chicago?
Searching for Chicago roommates can feel like a daunting task especially if you are new to the area. Here are a few practical tips to help you discover the perfect location and roommate.
- First, make it easier on yourself by using an online matching service like roommates.com. Faster and more convenient than traditional newspapers, it is also private. Request photographs of the house or apartment and amenities.
- Research the surrounding area. Chicago roommates can be found throughout the city and surrounding vicinity so find the area that best suites your preference.
Once you have narrowed down your selections find out more by ordering these useful reports and information:
- Neighborhood Crime Report: The police department has this data if requested. Some publish it online while others require you to order it.
- Public Transportation: Order routes and schedules in advance to determine your commute time.
- Parks and Recreation: Having a nearby park can transform a mundane neighborhood into a prime neighborhood.